CB radios can be much more convenient than your expectations if you install them at a spot in your car where it is easy to operate and monitor the device. Many people ask experts which location is best for mounting and installing a CB radio.
Firstly the answer depends on the types of vehicle you own. Then secondly you need to consider if you want to use the CB radio more frequently or only for a few times in a day. Under these two considerations, you should figure out how easily you can reach the controls of the CB radio. How clearly you can see the channel display from a distance in case of weak eyesight and the presence of any sort of hurdle between you and your installed CB radio. Check out the blog for more information.
There are 9 other important things and locations to keep in mind if you want to find the best location for your CB radio mount
- A driver cannot take his/her eyes off the road when driving. So the CB radio should be installed at a spot that’s within the field of view of the driver so that can operate it without even carefully looking at it. This makes the dashboard a suitable option to consider.
- There are some big ‘Nos’ behind the logic of mounting your CB radio under the driver’s seat.
- This can be a reasonable option if you don’t want to use your device very frequently and want to keep it safe from environmental damages.
- But it is least recommended because it causes great trouble to reach a CB radio that’s hidden under the seat.
- You can get yourself hurt as well in a rush to reach the CB radio during emergencies.
- When mounting the CB radio, make sure that all its components, especially the microphone is fixed in properly.
- Try to use a magnetic microphone mount or the adhesive alternative so that the mic doesn’t keep falling away from the CB radio, no matter where it is mounted.
- Mounting the CB radio behind the steering, near the spot storing the airbag, right at the point that’s above the rear-view mirror or at a point that is directly under the sun is a big No.
- Prefer to install the radio at a point where it can fix without any permanent drillings.
Hope you find this blog informative and all your doubts are cleared by reading this Where should I mount my CB radio In 2023 blog. Please let us know in the comment section.