If you want to start your journey with your CB radio, then don’t worry this article will be always available for your help for continuing your journey with your CB radio. Obviously the main component of your CB system.
1- Choose your Best CB antenna :
There are some of the aspects which are necessary for choosing the best CB antenna. For as much as we know that Citizen band contains about 11.0 m wavelength and a Best CB Antenna will be obviously 36 feet tall (11 m). But we can’t mount it with this height due to many issues like parking your vehicle in the garage. Generally, CB Antenna performance is directly proportional to its length. Higher the length, Greater will be the performance. Examine the height rules. Maybe you are parking your vehicle in the garage. Or maybe you are concerned with aesthetics. So if you want, your best CB antenna walk on a proper way. Then you must have to set its length about 36 inches. (91.4 cm) long. And place or you can say “Mount” it as higher as much as you can. Well, I give the best suggestion that Roof will be the best option for you. And yes try it to place in the center of the roof. As we know that Magnetic Mount CB Antennas are well made as Stryker SR-5k CB CB antenna and Sirio 5000, even for permanent installation. Actually, these types of CB Antennas are already made for this kind of job. So be relax, don’t worry about the grounding issues. And yes they come along with their coaxial cables.
2- Sneak the coaxial cable through an opening from the antenna into the vehicle:
Be careful with doors, because it can harm your coaxial cable easily. So for this, I will give you the best opinion that side windows are the best option for that. Because there the rubber gasket which will not harm the coaxial cable. And they will be protected from excessive ware. Don’t bend the coaxial cable like a coil. Because it can easily create RF chokes for you.
3- Tune the CB antenna:
In spite of, all the CB radio experts say so, but majority folks don’t give attention to it. Those who do not pay attention to the tuning of CB Antennas can face problems later. Performance is not ideal. If you want to tune your CB Antenna , See the next article.
- Magnetic Mounts CB Antennas are the Best CB antennas, especially if you’re not up to working hard on an install.
- If you are facing issues to place it on the trunk, then the roof will be the best option for that.
- Be careful with your coaxial cable because without it CB Antenna is just like a fan without its blades. Do not place it doors and don’t coil it up because it can create RF chokes for your coaxial cable.
- Don’t start your transmission on the radio without connecting your CB Antenna.
- As we say above that CB Antenna performance is directly proportional to its length so, if you are free from obstacles like tree or garage then you can place taller whip otherwise you can’t.
The components you’ll need are:
- The best CB Antenna
- Mounts if the magnetic mounts are not available.
- Coaxial cable.
- And the most important component, the SWR Meter with which you can tune your CB antenna easily.
Get more stuff like this
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.