Citizen band radio is something that anyone of any age can enjoy. Men and women both can get the most out of this fantastic hobby in the form of a perfect communication experience. Talking through a Citizen band Radio turns into a bigger fun when your family joins you in the adventure too. Especially the Citizen band radio operators love to have their wives involved in their CB operations. But unfortunately majority of these ladies hate the hobby completely. There are following types of Citizen band radio operators with respect to the reactions they receive from their wives towards their CB stuff:[/vc_column_text][/vc_column][/vc_row][vc_row][vc_column][vc_custom_heading text=”Citizen Band Radio Operators” use_theme_fonts=”yes”][/vc_column][/vc_row][vc_row][vc_column][vc_column_text]
- CB’ers who have wives totally against their CB radio love but they still allow their husbands to continue with their practice for personal satisfaction.
- CB’ers who have wives who consider CB radio as something old-fashioned and never hesitate to express their contempt towards this technology.
[/vc_column_text][/vc_column][/vc_row][vc_row][vc_column][vc_column_text]The Citizen Band Radio operators falling in the first category are still on the safer side but unfortunately most of the CB’ers have their wives reacting according to the tradition described in the second category. Before moving on, it is important to know what the most loyal Citizen band radio operators are like. These guys are the ones who just love to stick to their CB radios and keep DXing no matter what is going on around them. They don’t care what other people think about them as they are deeply lost into their CB radio operations.[/vc_column_text][/vc_column][/vc_row][vc_row][vc_column][vc_single_image image=”2303″ img_size=”full” add_caption=”yes”][/vc_column][/vc_row][vc_row][vc_column][vc_column_text]Although most of the CB’ers try to operators their CB radios in isolation so that don’t find any disturbance near them. But those who operate CB radios with their families might often irritate others, especially their wives. There are very few Citizen band radio operators who have their wives feeling okay with their hobby. Majority of these women have problems just like the men get irritated by their shopping habits. But both sides usually respect each other’s views and priorities.[/vc_column_text][/vc_column][/vc_row][vc_row][vc_column][vc_column_text]Women also have other issues concerned with the citizen band radio operations. They get annoyed by the irritating static sound that usually continues for hours and they also dislike the concept that so many people who don’t know each other start chatting with each other just because of this radio. If you want to overcome this resistance, you need to create a balance between your personal life and CB radio operations so that you can meet the requirements on both the ends well.[/vc_column_text][/vc_column][/vc_row][vc_row][vc_column][vc_column_text]Things often get very complicated when it comes to sharing your space among your CB radio and your wife. She might often feel offended, but you will automatically increase your freedom of Citizen band radio operation if you will keep your wife happy alongside. There are some easy-to-follow rules of thumb in this regard that need to be given top priority for keeping your CB radio craze more family-oriented. Let’s see what you should NOT do first:[/vc_column_text][/vc_column][/vc_row][vc_row][vc_column][vc_custom_heading text=”Things Not to Do” use_theme_fonts=”yes”][/vc_column][/vc_row][vc_row][vc_column][vc_column_text]
- Avoid installing your base station near your TV or somewhere in the living room (because if you happen to cause interruption in her daily TV shows, you are likely to start a war in your home).
- Don’t ever tune into your CB radio when you are on a long drive with her (these conversations can lead to opening unexpected topics right through your CB radio and those topics will definitely offend your wife even further).
- Carry out the testing phase of your Citizen band radio in an open space away from her ears. These rattling harmonics will destroy her mood that is pretty hard to fix.
- If you ever plan to buy yourself a new CB radio system, then make sure you have plenty of savings for your wife’s shopping as well.
[/vc_column_text][/vc_column][/vc_row][vc_row][vc_column][vc_custom_heading text=”Things to Do” use_theme_fonts=”yes”][/vc_column][/vc_row][vc_row][vc_column][vc_column_text]
- Tune into such skip on the CB radio that broadcasts something unique, particularly of her interest. Women are often interested in knowing about the other cultures and their values. Their unique accents and different lifestyles often intrigue them a lot. If you will engage your wife through such activities, her resistance towards your CB activity will automatically reduce.
- Develop her interest into what you are about to buy. Men usually are not quite conscious about what they have but when it comes to a CB radio, they are very particular. So under this scenario, men don’t make any compromise in the perfection of their CB equipment. You are free to buy your favorite equipment but remember to keep your wife in loop so that she can feel more involved into the entire process. Explain the defects in the older system to validate the purchase of the new system. Also assure her that you will keep the purchase economical.
- Set a special radio room if possible. Citizen band radios network is filled with so many uninvited chaps who work fairly well in ruining the CB experience of the other users. CB conversations can simply make you go mad with anger if they last for more than 15 minutes especially when you are doing it in the main space of your house. To avoid annoying your family, particularly your wife, set up a separate radio room for your CB operations with your equipment placed neatly there. If your wife is inquisitive of your new radio room, assure her that everything is okay and you are trying your best to keep the noise away from the serene environment of the house. This suggestion should be taken seriously in particular as it can help you make things easy for you as a staunch CB follower.
- Take some time off from the radio too. It is really hard to limit your time when you are busy pursuing your best hobby. CB radio operators don’t realize how the time passes when they turn on their radios. It is the worst part of the hobby indeed. You need to set a schedule for Citizen band radio usage based on few days per week so that your radio usage doesn’t seem pestering to your wife. Don’t worry about losing some DX opportunities while you had turned the radio off. You will find even better chances when you tune in the next time.
[/vc_column_text][/vc_column][/vc_row][vc_row][vc_column][vc_column_text]Almost majority of the Citizen band radio users have wives who hate to see their hubbies spending hours in front of this radio just chatting with their contacts. Before this argument over the radio usage between you and your wife intensifies, make sure you try to convince her in favor of your hobby more lovingly. Do the best you can for making her feel special. She will surely return the favor in the form of letting you have fun with your CB radio equipment the way you want. This will help develop some understanding between you two that will help you in the long run.[/vc_column_text][/vc_column][/vc_row]by
Get more stuff like this
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.