This article will explain you about:
- The importance of CB.
- Channel 9 –Ask for HELP.
- How it saves Steven Allington LIFE.
- CB Radio – Benefits over other communications Gadgets.
Many people in the 21st century may think that CB Radio is replaced by modern technologies. Yes, these technology inventors are manufacturing more human able products. But still, CB radios have authority on the road. When it comes to emergency communications, chatting, in route communications, there is still a gap. Just imagine you get stuck on the road and need immediate help then we are quite sure CB communication will be your first priority…..Thinking WHY? Let us explain you:
- Instant Channel 9 & 19.
- You are communicating without knowing NUMBER.
- Free of COST.
- All the COMMUNITY listens to your voice.
- Never get down during BREAK-DOWN or DISASTER.
Channel 9 – Ask for HELP
When we use CB Radio for emergency communication, Channel 9 is important for CBer’s. Reserved for an emergency by the FCC. If you have a CB Radio you can call for HELP, whether you need help or report any accident, over channel 9. Your voice is immediately is picked by emergency reduce centers, highway patrol or by local police stations. The best way to connect drivers with each other during emergency situations. In rural areas this channel is used by volunteer organizations like REACT (Radio Emergency Associated Communications Teams), and many private individuals still monitor this Channel.
Let’s see how drivers can save their life by using CB Radios while heading towards a destination. Steven Allington trucker shared his story
How it saves Steven Allington LIFE
“I was in Arkansas and i40 going westbound and as I get out construction zone there just pass Memphis just west of Memphis. I hear on radio westbound back it down to 90 the well-known get my number mixed up at 197 there was an accident but poop back was to the 202 203. So I get on radio and is I’m on the radio you know I’m starting to back and sure to get over this hill and boom were stopped, so I got stopped in time but the truck to my left obviously didn’t have a radio almost creamed the three cars in front of him and almost went in the medium. So we are were scrambling trying to get stopped. We’re putting along & everybody warning bothers each other on the radio. Two guys turned on radio and backup are asking what going on you know. I already got a plan they said on radio exit, 202 drops down to 70 Carlisle. I was ready to do that & I hear another caller on the radio westbound back down we have another accident. The guy was freaking out b/c he was to having to call 911. There was two truck, a bus and like four cars involved. All it happen because they didn’t hear about the backup call. The second accident was even worse than the first one. ”
CB Radio – Benefits over other Communications Gadgets
- CB radio is safest & easiest way to transmit your VOICE while driving specially TRUCK DRIVERS. In 2012 FMCSA restricted texting and the use of handheld mobile phone by a trucker driver as they are operating commercial motor vehicles. And chances of an accident while texting is always higher. Imagine the time you need to launch an app… or Using a hand-held mobile phone is risky because it requires the driver to reach for and dial the phone to make a call. Reaching for a phone out of the driver’s immediate area is risky as well as dialing because these actions take the driver’s eyes off the roadway. But for radio, you only need to press the one-touch button that will ON AIR your TALK.
- If your cell phone “Battery is Empty” or “No Network Connection” then it is useless. In hilly & rural areas you have seen no network coverage and during an emergency, most networks get jammed. But CB Radios are quite different, you can convey your message in any disastrous situation. So CB radios are the best way to call emergency service without knowing their number.CB Radio for an emergency is always the first priority.
- Every radio on the market is built with Emergency and Weather Alerts System. So you are updated with weather information directly from the nearest National Service Office.
- There is no licensing for CB Radios. Anyone can use it except foreign government or representative of the foreign government. Its price is much less as compared to cell phones.
- Driving long routes especially for truckers is uncomfortable & lonely. So for the trucker, it’s FUN to be active on CB. Department of Transportation limits 11 hours for driving a truck per day, which is a long time on the road. Drivers constantly talking with one another. There is a different type of people active on CB, chances of finding new friends are always open.
Cell phones & many new modern technologies can’t replace the comfort & need of CBs. It is affordable and can’t be stolen easy. There are many CB radios out in the market you can buy it according to your needs and budget. Radios Guide suggests you to always turn on your CB radio while driving so in the case of emergency you can CALL for HELP easily. Let us know how you use your CB radio and what the best part of this handy communication tool.
Share this article with hashtag #RadiosGuideArticles
Get more stuff like this
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.